Mentat Mentats In The Dune Books
A selection of articles related to mentat mentats in the dune books.
Original articles from our library related to the Mentat Mentats In The Dune Books. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mentat Mentats In The Dune Books.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Mentat Mentats In The Dune Books is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mentat Mentats In The Dune Books books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Strange Prescience of Frank Herbert's Dune
- Yet rather than present a world that returned to a pre-technological state because it denied itself the use of even “thinking” machines at the level of a calculator, those roles become filled by human/biological computers the “mentats”.
- Genetically Engineered Happiness Probably Doesn't Mean Fewer Geniuses
- The main thing is that I now have an instinctive, gut-level understanding of what it is I want for my kid as a parent. And the main thing is that my parental aspirations are very asymmetrical.
- Book Review – Mentats of Dune by Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson
- Mentats of Dune is the second book in the Schools of Dune Trilogy following on from the events of Sisterhood of Dune (Book 1). For those ... I've read a number of Brian & Kevin's Dune books and in the past I haven't been overly impressed.
- The clerk, RIP
- Frank Herbert's “Dune” opens well after wars between “thinking machines” and mankind. (Humans won, forbidding the construction of computers or robots; super-intelligent “mentats” performs the more intricate mental functions.) In Philip K.
- Philosophies Of 'Dune'
- The second philosophy is inspired by the Mentats, who are analogous to Vulcans from 'Star Trek' in that they use their advanced mental abilities in a logical and systematic way. Unlike the Vulcans, the Mentat's ability doesn't end with logic.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Mentat Mentats In The Dune Books Topics
Related searchestheodore kaczynski manifesto
water molecule amphoteric nature of water
first crusade secondary sources