A selection of articles related to mentmore towers.
Original articles from our library related to the Mentmore Towers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mentmore Towers.
- Egyptian Temples, part IV: The Temple Building
- Model of the Universe From at least the New Kingdom on the Egyptian cult temple building was a symbolic model of the universe. It was built along an east-west axis, following the sun´s course through the day and surrounded by a brick wall built in alternating...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
Mentmore Towers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mentmore Towers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Property tycoon Simon Halabi once worth £3billion in secret divorce battle
- Mr Halabi was once valued at £3billion on the Sunday Times Rich List and his property portfolio included a £3million house in Mayfair, the Naval and Military Club in Piccadilly, £25million stately home Mentmore Towers in Buckinghamshire and chatueux in ...
- "No more than an imposing folly": James Fenton at Mentmore
- The following article exemplifies the kind of wit and flair with which Fenton writes about every kind of topic. Mentmore Towers is a stately home in Buckinghamshire, named for the village in which it sits.
- The Rothschild treasures given centre stage at the British Museum
- Waddesdon Manor was just one of a number of great houses built or owned by the Rothschild family in the Vale of Aylesbury in the 19th century, including Tring Park, Aston Clinton House and Mentmore Towers – which led to the area being nicknamed ...
- Fawlty Towers at 40: seven surprising facts about the perfect sitcom
- Despite the affection in which it is now held, many of the ingredients that gained Fawlty Towers a place in TV history were originally pooh-poohed by the BBC, which thought them old-fashioned. In fact, the BBC nearly rejected the show.