A selection of articles related to merchant capitalism.
Original articles from our library related to the Merchant Capitalism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Merchant Capitalism.
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old: these were the years of the life of Sarah. 23:2 And Sarah died in Kirjatharba; the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan: and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah, and to weep for her. 23:3...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 13:2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore. 13:3 And he spake many things unto...
New Testament >> Matthew
- A New Type of Money Magic
- A young graduate opens a card from Aunt Betty; it contains a crisp green bill, along with congratulations and sincere wishes for success. Grandparents buy their new-born grandchild a Savings Bond, a gesture which will be stored away for decades before being &q...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Welcome again to my "Rune-of-the-Month" Club! At the rate I've been going, it's been more like the "Rune-of-the-Year" Club, but I'll try to speed up the pace. This article puts the series over the halfway mark. This is the twelfth of the...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- But on to Othala, which in the eastern areas of the proto-Germanic-speaking area was evidently pronounced Othila. This is the “O” rune. It did not carry over into the Younger Futhark, so Ur(uz) did double-duty. Nevertheless, the Scandinavian languages still...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Merchant Capitalism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Merchant Capitalism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Whither Capitalism?
- Using these “capitalist principles,” Kocka charts the course of capitalism's development over many centuries. He begins with the rise of merchant capitalism—based on trade—in China and the Middle East. During the Sung dynasty (960-1279 A.
- Those Comedians That You Have Now: Stewart Lee Interviewed
- You often mention that people repeatedly nag you to tell jokes, and just be a gag-merchant, even though you're trying to achieve something different. Which brings to mind another musical comparison: Scott Walker. ....
- China to cut 1.8m jobs in coal and steel sectors
- China expects to lay off 1.8 million workers in the coal and steel industries, or about 15% of the workforce, as part of efforts to reduce industrial overcapacity.