Merriam Webster Dictionary
A selection of articles related to merriam webster dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Merriam Webster Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Merriam Webster Dictionary.
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Merriam Webster Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Merriam Webster Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
- (Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition). A fixed residence is one that is stationary, permanent, and not subject to change. (e.
- Merriam Webster's Dictionary defines security as measures taken to
- Merriam Webster's Dictionary defines “security” as “measures taken to guard against espionage or sabotage, crime, attack, or escape”.
- Crack - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Crack - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary http://www .merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crack[3/4/2011 12:33:03 PM].
- Responsible and Reasonable The Merriam Webster Dictionary
- The Merriam Webster Dictionary defines “entertainment” as an “amusement” or “ diversion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Bromance,' 'tweet,' 'cougar' added to Merriam-Webster's dictionary
- By Liz Kelly Nelson Hey guys, tweet this out to all your best buds: Merriam-Webster dictionary on Thursday (Aug. 25) added 150 new words to its official lexicon. >> Bromance: "Close, nonsexual friendship between men.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary Now Includes 'Tweet', 'Social Media
- Robin Wauters currently works as a staff writer for TechCrunch and lead editor of Virtualization.com.
- Freak: One that is markedly unusual or abnormal. (Definition provided by
- The question came in the middle of a radio talk show on NPR, the Diane Rehm Show, to be specific. The caller, barely concealing his anger (and without having read the book beforehand, of course!
- 'Bromance' and 'fist bump' added to Merriam-Webster dictionary
- By Molly Waldron Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary has added the words 'bromance' and 'fist bump,' among many others, to its new edition.
Suggested Web Resources
- Google - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- Definition of GOOGLE. transitive verb.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.