A selection of articles related to meskhenet.
Original articles from our library related to the Meskhenet. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Meskhenet.
- A goddess of birth, personification of one of the 'birthing bricks' upon which ancient women used to squat when giving birth. She is often shown as either a woman with a brick as a head, or as a brick with a woman's head. Sometimes she is also shown fully...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Meskhenet is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Meskhenet books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pagan Gods of Egypt
- Meskhenet. Goddess protector of newborns and of destiny. Vulture or human.
- The Warrior God
- Dead at the judgment of the deceased together with Meskhenet, a goddess of childbirth. Where Meskhenet presided over the actual birth itself,.
- TJP 52-2.indd
- Meskhenet is a personification of the so-called birthing bricks upon which women squatted during childbirth.
Suggested News Resources
- Études de lettres, 289 (2011/3-4): Des Fata aux fées
- Cathie SPIESER - Meskhenet et les sept Hathors en Egypte ancienne (p. 63-92) Dans la littérature égyptienne, le papyrus Westcar relate l'intervention déterminante des déesses Isis et Meskhenet pour le destin du nouveau-né.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gods of Ancient Egypt: Meskhenet
- Ancient Egyptian Gods: Meskhenet, goddess of childbirth.
- Meskhenet, Goddess of the Birth Brick and Childbirth...
- May 7, 2001 Meskhenet, Goddess of the Birth Brick and Childbirth.
- Lioness of the Sun - Meskhenet
- Meskhenet. Meskhenet. Meskhenet was one of the Goddesses who officiated at both the birth of a child in this world and the re-birth of the soul in the Afterworld.
- Egypt: Meskhenet - Goddess of Childbrith
- Meskhenet. Meskhenet was a goddess who presided at child birth.