A selection of articles related to mesopotamia.
Original articles from our library related to the Mesopotamia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mesopotamia.
- (Sumerian) Child of An by Ninhursaga, He was spoken of as the leveler of cities and destroyer of peoples. He was the personification of the nomad barbarians who swarmed into Mesopotamia from very early times. His name was the same as the epithet used to...
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. 23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Mesopotamia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mesopotamia books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ancient Mesopotamia The Eden that Never Was - Library of Congress
- Archaeological work in Mesopotamia. 10 Political economy, feminism, and ancient Mesopotamia. 218 02.
- Lesson 1 Geography of Mesopotamia
- 1. World History: Ancient Civilizations. Chapter 3: Ancient Mesopotamia.
- FARMING IN ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA: AN ANCIENT CIVIL
- Farmers in ancient Mesopotamia faced many challenges. As a result they developed new technologies to control the water coming into their fields.
- Symbols from History: Mesopotamia Today
- LIFE IN ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA: Law and Government.
Suggested News Resources
- Mesopotamia fascinates author
- By Bill Henry Dorothy McIntosh was deep into research for her first novel, studying the history and culture of ancient Mesopotamia. As she read about the demise of an ancient capital, similar images came on TV from modern Iraq.
- The Id of Mesopotamia
- A new film captures Uday Hussein and the regime he served in all their horror. Hollywood has finally released a feature film that takes place in Iraq but isn't about the Iraq War.
- Livingston Taylor is still winning over audiences
- “Human beings have not changed, 20-year-old homo sapiens have not changed, probably since Mesopotamia,” said Taylor, 60, in a recent interview, when asked about what his students are like these days.
- Emirati relics, a source of pride
- There are also evidences in Abu Dhabi and other places throughout the country, confirming the land's importance as a major ancient trade route with traders from different corners – from Mesopotamia to East Africa to Indus – exchanged merchandise.
- Iraq Militants Say Violence Is to Avenge Bin Laden
- By MICHAEL S.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient Mesopotamia for Kids - Sumer, Babylon, Assyria
- Ancient Mesopotamia - Sumer, Babylon, Assyria. Home For Teachers For Kids Free Stories Ancient Mesopotamia for Kids.
- Mesopotamia - The British Museum
- Interactive guide to Assyria, Babylonia and Sumer along with information on geography, time, writing, gods and goddesses.
- Mesopotamia - The British Museum
- British Museum.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesakra-bazzi theorem
morrill tariff act
madras presidency early history
tree graph theory types of trees