- Intravitreal anti-vascular endothelial growth factor combined with half
- Symptoms vary from a variety of visual disturbances such as decreased visual acuity (VA), micropsia, metamorphopsia, and relative central scotoma.
- Patient's Visual Disturbances Tied to Club Drug
- The patient presented to the ophthalmology acute referral clinic with a 10-day history of central visual blurring and metamorphopsia. The deterioration started immediately following a night of clubbing, during which the patient inhaled poppers.
- Man who sniffed poppers for the first time while out clubbing nearly goes BLIND
- In hospital, doctors examined the man and found he had damaged the inner and outer layer of his fovea, a small area in the retina of the eye important for clear vision.
- Inner nuclear layer thickness helps predict metamorphopsia after vitrectomy
- Visual acuity, severity of metamorphopsia and retinal microstructures were examined preoperatively and 3 months and 6 months postoperatively. M-Charts (Inami) were used to quantify severity of metamorphopsia, and spectral-domain OCT was used to ...
- Assessment: Measuring metamorphopsia using the D-Chart test
- The D Chart is a new clinical test that has been developed by researchers in Glasgow to assess the degree and location of metamorphopsia (distortion) and field loss in the central visual field.
Metamorphopsia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Metamorphopsia books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.