A selection of articles related to metaphor.
Original articles from our library related to the Metaphor. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Metaphor.
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- In Praise of Pumpkins
- I have always had a fascination with pumpkins. As a child I enjoyed Christmas and Thanksgiving and all the other holidays we surround our year with, but Halloween was special. Halloween spoke of ghosts, ghouls, witches and all the primal fears that children...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Summary
- As we enter into the new millennium, the dreams of a fading era carry us all to an uncertain destination. The modern age has in no way resolved the human crisis, which is not significantly different except in terms of scale and severity, than the tragedies...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- What is Subliminal Influence?
- The term subliminal is technically archaic , though it is still in common use. The problem is that it is hopelessly bound to the concept of a well-defined sensory threshold, a concept made obsolete by the introduction of signal detection theory into...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Metaphor is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Metaphor books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Metaphors We Live By
- Make a list of some of the metaphors discussed by Lakoff and Johnson.
- Brain Metaphor and Brain Theory
- The life cycle of the dominant metaphor in a scientiﬁc theory demar- cates the life cycle metaphors is said to be the signature of transitions between paradigms.
- IS NO MERE METAPHOR
- By Robert Kubey and Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. PHOTOGRAPHS BY CHIP SIMONS. IS NO MERE METAPHOR.
Suggested News Resources
- The Daily Dot: Interesting idea, but not a great metaphor
- And does the newspaper metaphor really make any sense for an online-publishing venture?
- 'We know they don't like us' Wheaton Warrenville South, Glenbard West football
- Out of that tradition comes a metaphor about climbing a mountain he uses to motivate his players.
- The mobilisation is large, but gain won't be equal: Aruna Roy
- I have to say that this campaign is looking at a religious metaphor where a person like Mr Hazare is deified and is symbolically seen as one who will deliver. The metaphor is powerful.
- US-China Basketball Brawl Becomes an Inappropriate Metaphor
- For many, the event became a metaphor for the animosity presumed to underpin the US-China relationship and, possibly, a lack of respect to Vice President Biden.
- Cancer: Fighting Words
- Also, try as we may, we cannot scour the language of metaphor. “Cancer” itself is a personification — well, a crustaceanification. A malignancy doesn't know or care if it's “mal.
Suggested Web Resources
- Metaphor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A metaphor is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea; e.g.
- Definition: Metaphor is when you use two nouns and compare or contrast them to one another. Unlike simile, you don't use "like" or "as" in the comparison.
- metaphor - definition and examples of metaphors - figures of speech
- A figure of speech in which an implicit comparison is made between two unlike things that actually have something in common.
- Mar 29, 1999 Metaphors are comparisons that show how two things that are not alike in most ways are similar in one important way.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmeaning of dreams about future
dream symbol self-belief