A selection of articles related to metaphors.
Original articles from our library related to the Metaphors. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Metaphors.
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Subliminal Persuasion: References
- (1957). " Persuaders' Get Deeply 'Hidden' Tool: Subliminal Projection " Advertising Age , Vol 37, page 127, September 16, 1957. Benes, Kathryn M.., Gutkin, Terry B., Decker, T. Newell, (1990) "The effects of mellow and frenetic music on...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Metaphors is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Metaphors books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Metaphors in the Torah: "Noach" (Genesis 6.9 – 11.32)
- One would think that a Torah portion named: “Noach” would begin at chapter 5, line 28 so that we would get Noah's entire story, including the prophecy of his birth, in a single reading.
- Taking a metaphorical approach to one's career progress (essay)
- Metaphors are not only aesthetic features of language but also one of the ways we structure our everyday language and thought. For example, one of the most common ways to talk about careers is the journey metaphor, as I just have.
- Sexual Consent Ads Ditch the Metaphors and Go Right to the Talking Cartoon
- A well-received video made the rounds last fall that addressed the issue of sexual consent through a metaphor of drinking tea. Based on copy written by blogger Rockstar Dinosaur Pirate Princess, it was lauded for its clear take on a thorny issue.
- Metaphors in the Torah: “Beresheit” (Genesis 1.1 – 6.8)
- In short: the Hebrew name: “Moriah” shares the same root as the word for: “teacher” and we are told in the story that “on God's mountain he will provide”.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchescalvin klein
saint teresa of avila
dennis forwood vosper
hebrew calendar second temple era