- Adaptation of Methylase-assisted Bisulfite Sequencing Approach Gives Look at
- Harvard's Hao Wu and his colleagues added in a step to the methylase-assisted bisulfite sequencing, or MAB-seq, method to allow genome-wide mapping of 5-formylcytosine (5fC) and 5-carboxylcytosine (5ac) sites, products of successive oxidation of 5mC.
- What is DNA Methylation?
- This conversion of cytosine bases to 5-methylcytosine is catalysed by DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs). These modified cytosine residues usually lie next to a guanine base (CpG methylation) and the result is two methylated cytosines positioned diagonally ...
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, And Aziz Sancar Win 2015 Nobel Prize In Chemistry
- Modrich showed that bacteria use an enzyme called Dam methylase to mark damaged DNA with methyl groups, which then guide a restriction enzyme to snip out faulty base pairs. In 1989, he assembled all the components needed to repair mismatched DNA ...
- DNA repair research wins 3 scientists Nobel Prize in chemistry
- Together, Modrich and Meselson revealed that an enzyme in bacteria — Dam methylase — denotes the original sides of the DNA through a process called methylation. By doing so, other cellular systems can determine if any errors occur during the copying ...
- Dzip3 regulates developmental genes in mouse embryonic stem cells by
- ubH2A has been reported to inhibit transcription initiation by interfering with H3K4 methylase, inhibiting the elongation of transcription by RNA pol II, or facilitating the recruitment of PRC2 and H3K27 trimethylation.
Methylase is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Methylase books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.