- Five Questions for Steven Pinker
- Many racist and misogynistic terms started out as metonyms, in which people were demeaningly referred to by a body part or feature (“slant,” “redskin,” “wetback,” “skirt,” “broad”).
- What's the Solution to Gun Violence in America?
- Any American with even a glancing familiarity with the news can rattle off the progression, a litany of place names transformed from cities and towns into metonyms for gun violence: San Bernardino, Colorado Springs, Umpqua, Charleston, Fort Hood, Navy ...
- First on CNN: Government enlists tech giants to fight ISIS messaging
- An agenda for the meeting obtained by CNN labeled the project "Madison Valleywood" -- an apparent combination of metonyms for the American advertising, technology and entertainment sectors. Nick Rasmussen, Director of the National Counterterrorism ...
- Apple Reportedly Plans To Make iPhones Less Hackable As The FBI Case Becomes
- Executives from Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, MTV and BuzzFeed were also present at the meeting. This project was labeled “Madison Valleywood” — which is a combination of metonyms representing the advertising, technology and entertainment industries.
- Why bring Central Valley High into it?
- While we agreed wholeheartedly with your point in "The Toughest Lesson...", we were sorely disappointed to see Central Valley High School used as an example. We all ought to recognize our privilege and go forward with enhanced humility.
Metonyms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Metonyms books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbullet for my valentine singles
types of swords named swords
sacral cranial therapy
leland grove illinois demographics
nursing home consumer choices
lady louise windsor