- Digital imagery
- The metaphor of memory paradoxically continues as its metonymy, which involves space and time corresponding to his earlier concepts of “roots and identity”, injecting in the technique of layering a sense of time in the space of the painting.
- Jerry Shepherd's Second Rebuttal to Chris Date
- The terms may be metonymic; i.e., they are symbolic of the sinister forces of evil who by their evil deeds bring people down to death and Hades.
- Saved by Science: Hand-of-God Paper Yanked from Peer-Reviewed Journal for
- The head of a nation is not a crown, but the crown is a representative symbol for that person – a metonymy.
- Bad day for Kanhaiya Kumar: Open letter shames JNUSU president for misbehaving
- Similarly figures of speech such as metaphor, simile and metonymy create a resonance between otherwise disparate images—a layering of meanings, forming connections previously not perceived. Kindred forms of resonance may exist, between individual ...
- Twinescapes, or The Rise of Spatial Hypertext
- This act and activity of clicking links serves as a metonymy for active motion between one place and another. In a traditional story the movement would be described on the page: “You walk from the palace courtyard to the garden.
Metonymy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Metonymy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
2005 jilin chemical plant explosions
kolar gold fields history
cytogenetics future of cytogenetics
meaning of dreams about chasing