A selection of articles related to metrical romance.
Original articles from our library related to the Metrical Romance. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Metrical Romance.
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Pagan Sexuality and Sexual Freedom
- Old Traditions Live Today! Pagans like me who believe in, talk about and practice sexual freedom are protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. As individuals, and as Americans, we pagans have the freedom to choose the manner in which we...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Metrical Romance is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Metrical Romance books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ancient English Metrical Romances: Original advertisement
- "As many of these METRICAL HISTORIES and ROMANCES contain a old metrical romances, though far more popular in their time, are hardly known to exist.
- Bainbridge Part 2
- Romance of War, –. Metrical Romance, the History of war, and the Picturesque.
- Ch02- The Fourteenth Century.pdf
- TUL METRICAL ROMANCES.
- ROMANCE, MEDIEVAL (also called a chivalric romance): In
- The medieval metrical romances resembled the earlier chansons de gestes and epics.
Suggested News Resources
- Faulty Navigators
- Because they have not read crucial work in Spanish, Mr. Bergreen and Ms.
Suggested Web Resources
- What is the definition of 'metrical romance'
- A metrical romance is a poem that tells a story that ends happily, whether love is involved or not. The Norman first brought this Metrical Romans into England.
- §9. Traditional Plots. XIII. Metrical Romances, 1200–1500. Vol. 1
- Vol. 1. From the Beginnings to the Cycles of Romance.
- Metrical Romances: Awit at Kurido | Classic Works | Philippine
- METRICAL ROMANCES IN THE PHILIPPINES new realistic novels and plays from the pens of young writers, the metrical romance continues to hold its place.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.