Metropolitan Community Church History
A selection of articles related to metropolitan community church history.
Original articles from our library related to the Metropolitan Community Church History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Metropolitan Community Church History.
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- The First Congregational Church of Wicca
- Witchcraft is a religion of field and grove, river and stream. In coven or individually, we perform rituals to renew our connections with the Goddess and God. However, what suits one may not answer the needs of another. This need is being satisfied by a new...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Metropolitan Community Church History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Metropolitan Community Church History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Metropolitan Community Church
- MCCBR, Others Sponsoring Baton Rouge. Transgender Day of Remembrance. Metropolitan Community Church of Baton Rouge is joining Capital City.
- Metropolitan Community Church Long Beach collection
- Acquired from the Metropolitan Community Church Long Beach, March 21, 2007.
- Metropolitan Community Church of Portland HOLY UNION FACILITY
- Metropolitan Community Church of Portland.
- Rev. Elizabeth Goudy Metropolitan Community Church of the Lehigh
- Elizabeth Goudy.
Suggested News Resources
- DOMA and Prop 8 cut down, responses
- Metropolitan Community Church's history of marriage equality began in 1968 when the Rev. Troy Perry, founder of MCC, conducted the first, public same-gender wedding ceremony in the US. In 1970, Rev.
Suggested Web Resources
- Metropolitan Community Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The MCC has grown since then to have a presence in 23 countries with 250 affiliated churches.
- Metropolitan Community Churches: History of MCC
- Apr 27, 2011 This 4-part document was released in Fall, 2004. Compiled of interviews and writings of Rev. Elder Troy Perry, Founder.
- History of MCC - Metropolitan Community Church of San Francisco
- In 1970, a group of queers dared to create their own church.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.