- Micawber's Books in St. Paul starts new chapter in smaller shop
- It's understandable that the folks in St. Anthony Park who love Micawber's Books experienced a surge of panic a couple weeks back. Someone had papered over the windows of their beloved bookstore and put up “For Lease” signs.
- The Micawber Syndrome
- The Micawber syndrome. But what is that something? Not Hilary Benn.
- Central banks have become like Mr Micawber in reverse
- The Federal Reserve and the Bank of England have become like Mr Micawber in reverse. You may recall that Charles Dickens' rather lovable character in David Copperfield was relentlessly optimistic. Whenever things looked really bad, he proclaimed his ...
- No more Mr Micawber as Ivan stops waiting for price rises to turn
- Glencore has already suspended payouts. Mr Glasenberg once talked airily of his business being well positioned to benefit from a bounceback in commodity prices. Hoping for something to turn up, like Mr Micawber did, hardly qualifies as a business strategy.
- Preparing for SA's post-industrial future
- Without idealism we will stay in the hole – unless Mr Micawber was right, after all, and something will always turn up to get us out. In tough times, what realism demands of us is belief in a positive image of a future that we can strive for.
Micawber is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Micawber books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.