- Metatranscriptomic evidence of pervasive and diverse chemolithoautotrophy
- The unexpected emergence during the nitrate perturbation of Gallionellaceae, whose isolated members are microaerophiles and not nitrate reducers (Emerson et al.
- Diversification and niche adaptations of Nitrospina-like bacteria in the
- Nitromaritima RS also possesses many hallmark traits of microaerophiles and high-affinity NOB. The abundance of the uncultured Ca.
- Why Do Scientists Chase Unicorns?
- Scientists chase unicorns because if they could prove the existence of the magical beasts, the world would be a better place. Take Maren Friesen, Michigan State University plant biologist, for example.
- Mechanism Important for Photosynthesis was Present in Ancient Microbes 2.5
- Stratospheric ozone requires free oxygen and ozone would help inhibit UV destruction of evolving algae using visible light. Some microbes at the base of the "tree of life" are microaerophiles.
- A Case For BioHydrogen
- Most species at the time were obligate anaerobes or microaerophiles, and only those organisms that had the ability to deal with highly reactive oxygen radicals and persist in an oxygen-enriched atmosphere would inherit the majority of Earth's habitats ...
Microaerophiles is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Microaerophiles books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.