- any of various devices for measuring minute distances, angles, etc., as in connection with a telescope or microscope. 2.
- Leap day, giant viruses, and gene-editing
- Mimiviruses are huge. At almost half a micrometre in diameter, they are big enough to be viewed with a light microscope.
- Interference at a double slit made of two atoms
- Although the resolution of the imaging system limits the size of the atom images to 1.
- CRISPR-like 'immune' system discovered in giant virus
- Around half a micrometre across, and first found infecting amoebae living in a water tower, they boast genomes that are larger than those of some bacteria.
- Understanding Graphene - Part 2
- The size of the graphene monolayer is determined by the flake size in the original sample. Typical flake sizes are around 2000 micrometres (µm or micron) the largest graphene monolayer flake size found so far is 1,500,000 square micrometres.
Micrometre is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Micrometre books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchespulmonary fibrosis
miss universe trivia
television in india history
sn1 reaction stereochemistry