A selection of articles related to midrash origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Midrash Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Midrash Origins.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Midrash Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Midrash Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Doubt, faith and art: Three poets write it out (Includes interview and first
- With encouragement from Crystal Bennes, Kennard also included a scholia – a Midrash – around the poems with an adjacent narrative which immediately draws the modern day reader into Cain's story. The narrative is cynical, heart-breaking and hilarious, ...
- Bais Abraham welcomes Rabbi Dov Weiss for scholar-in-residence Shabbat
- In this lecture, Rabbi Dr. Weiss explores the premodern roots of this distinctively Jewish theology of protest, examining its origins and development in the rabbinic age (70 CE–800 CE).
- Our Brothers' Keepers
- But its analysis of history suggests a darker conclusion: Words alone won't pacify Islam. There will be a lot more killing. The problem isn't Islam: Mr.
- Islam and Islamism in America in 2015: Part II
- Simpson, a convert to Islam with a long history of extremism, had been prosecuted in 2010 for lying to the FBI after he spoke of joining Al Shabaab, a terrorist group in Somalia. May 3.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.