A selection of articles related to midsummer italy.
Original articles from our library related to the Midsummer Italy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Midsummer Italy.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- This month's rune, Kenaz, is the sixth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. Thus, we are now one-quarter of the way through our journey into the runes! The phonetic value of Kenaz is the hard "k" sound. One basic meaning of "Kenaz"...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Midsummer Italy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Midsummer Italy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Midsummer Nights Feast at Shook!
- Classic Fine Foods recently collaborated with the Starhill. Gallery for its annual. Midsummer Nights Feast.
- REVISED 1.25.11 WITH NEW PORTS OF CALL
- Page 4. MIDSUMMER'S EVE CRUISE PORTS OF CALL. Port of Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy June 9.
- Silent shakespeare
- 1908), A Midsummer Night's Dream (USA, 1909), King Lear (Italy, 1910, with Francesca Bertini),.
- Some Shakespeare Films The following is a hastily compiled
- Johnny Hamlet (Italy-US, 1972; Western; Believe it or not!) The Lion King A Midsummer Night's Dream (Benny Hill as Bottom; BBC TV version).
Suggested Web Resources
- The 9th Annual Morinesio Midsummer Pageant
- In Catholic Italy, the pre-Christian observance of Midsummer is merged with the cult of Saint John the Baptist, observed on June 24th.
- Berlusconi's midsummer Italian sex comedy | Italy
- Aug 22, 2009 Italians have long grown accustomed to the din in a country divided politically.
- MIDSUMMER - Espressly Italian - Italian Instruction in Charlotte
- MIDSUMMER ITALIAN BREAK. Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:36 pm EST. An Italian "closed for vacation" sign.
- Midsummer wedding theme: coolest party tips and ideas | Weddings
- Flowers, breeze, sea and airy gardens are wonderful settings for such a wedding. Italy offers you many place where to organize midsummer wedding. Find out.