A selection of articles related to midsummer latvia.
Original articles from our library related to the Midsummer Latvia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Midsummer Latvia.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Mid Summer Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the Goddess. She is now with child, as is nature with the bounty of the coming harvest. This is a time when energies abound, & is a good time for magick/purification rites. The altar can be decorated with summer herbs, greenery, &...
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Midsummer Latvia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Midsummer Latvia books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Weekend events guide: Midsummer festival for foreigners!
- The days leading up to the Midsummer festivities have already begun, and this year a whopping five holidays lead to Jāņi, the Latvian word for Midsummer, observed throughout the country from the night of June 23 through June 24.
- Riga extends invitation to Midsummer celebrations
- The midsummer event will begin at 20:00 with polyphonic choral singing, followed by some of Pauls' greatest hits. At.
- Latvia midsummer: Songs, flowers and running around naked
- Latvia's most important national holiday is arguably not Christmas but the summer solstice celebrations of Ligo (pronounced "leegwa") - a pagan tradition when Latvians celebrate the shortest night by staying up to greet the rising sun.
- More than 100 drunk drivers busted over Midsummer festival
- 0. 25. june 2015, 10:00 | Society.
- Midsummer: A Latvian Tradition
- Our guest blogger this week is Anita Piwowarczyk. She lives in the 'burbs, has two beautiful daughters, Lilija and Evija, and also happens to be Latvian. June 21st marks the official beginning of summer; in Latvia, it's known as Midsummer and is ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Midsummer Latvia Topics
integrated resort proposal
prix medicis etranger
philosophy and intuition
feast of trumpets
mips architecture mips cpu family