A selection of articles related to midsummer latvia.
Original articles from our library related to the Midsummer Latvia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Midsummer Latvia.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Pagan Holidays for the Southern Hemisphere
- Many of the readers of RealMagick hail from the Southern Hemisphere. For them, the standard progression of the seasons is shifted... I.e. they are celebrating spring in Brazil, when those of us in the Northern Hemisphere are celebrating Fall. Clearly the "...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- This month's rune, Kenaz, is the sixth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. Thus, we are now one-quarter of the way through our journey into the runes! The phonetic value of Kenaz is the hard "k" sound. One basic meaning of "Kenaz"...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Midsummer Latvia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Midsummer Latvia books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Latvian Lutherans Use Midsummer Night Celebration to Point to Christ
- The most important Latvian holiday is the summer solstice, or the so called. “Jāni” festival, which is celebrated on the midsummer night of June 23.
- abroad. l languages - Latvian Institute
- for the Midsummer festivities (Jāņi).
- 'Midsummer Madness' is a quirky romantic comedy set in Latvia on the shortest night of the year when the whole country goes crazy.
- The Scottish Society of Indianapolis
- In June we again will celebrate the Mid-Summer. Solstice at the Latvian center with our friends from Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Poland and.
- Destination Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania
- Tallinn. ESTONIA. TOP 10.
Suggested News Resources
- Latvia: Midsummer's Musings
- Latvia: Midsummer's Musings. The summer solstice Jāņi, dubbed as the „most Latvian holiday”, is approaching fast.
Suggested Web Resources
- Midsummer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Latvia, Midsummer is called Jāņi (Jānis being Latvian for John) or Līgo svētki ( svētki = festival).
- Midsummer's Eve - LATVIAN CULTURE PORTAL
- Midsummer's Eve. The most important holiday for every Latvian is the Summer Solstice festival, or Jāņi, whish is celebrated on the night of June 23.
- Celebrating Midsummer Eve the Latvian Way
- Celebrating Midsummer Eve the Latvian Way. article. by Mark Dalton.
- Midsummer: A Latvian Tradition | Ay Mama!
- June 21st marks the official beginning of summer; in Latvia, it's known as Midsummer and is ceremoniously celebrated (June 23rd - 24th).
Midsummer Latvia Topics
Related searcheslogic gates
simple plan soundtracks
jiddu krishnamurti influence
toyota mr2 sw20 trd2000gt
scholastic aptitude test