A selection of articles related to midsummer.
Original articles from our library related to the Midsummer. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Midsummer.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Mid Summer Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the Goddess. She is now with child, as is nature with the bounty of the coming harvest. This is a time when energies abound, & is a good time for magick/purification rites. The altar can be decorated with summer herbs, greenery, &...
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Midsummer is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Midsummer books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Cork Midsummer Festival announces 20% funding increase for its 20th anniversary
- The Festival's Artistic Curator Kath Gorman added “We are delighted to have the innovative Corcadorca return for the 2016 Cork Midsummer Festival. We are really looking forward to this one-of-a-kind performance, along with the other new,exciting events ...
- Actors from the London Stage Star in A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM at Rice
- Puck explains in Shakespeare's most notable comedy, A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. Join the Actors from The London Stage as they bring the fairy-filled love stories of Hermia, Helena, Lysander, and Demetrius to life at Rice University's Hamman Hall in ...
- World-renowned Shakespeare troupe presents 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' at UTC
- Members of the world-renowned Actors From the London Stage are finalizing a one-week residency program at UTC this week and will present three performances of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" as part of their visit here. One of the oldest ...
- Morris Plains Municipal Alliance Presents 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'
- The Morris Plains Municipal Alliance invites the public to attend a professional production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream," performed by the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey on Thursday, March 10 at 7 p.m. The play is geared toward school-age children ...
- A Midsummer Night's Dream review – RSC's delightful 'play for the nation'
- A Midsummer Night's Dream review – RSC's delightful 'play for the nation'. 4 / 5 stars. Royal Shakespeare theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon Ayesha Dharker, Chu Omambala and Lucy Ellinson shine in a 1940s-tinged production that is dusted with magic by ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesresearcher administered survey
piper alpha timeline
dream dictionary hotel