A selection of articles related to midsummer.
Original articles from our library related to the Midsummer. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Midsummer.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Mid Summer Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the Goddess. She is now with child, as is nature with the bounty of the coming harvest. This is a time when energies abound, & is a good time for magick/purification rites. The altar can be decorated with summer herbs, greenery, &...
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Midsummer is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Midsummer books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Study Guide for. A Midsummer. Night's Dream by William Shakespeare.
- McCarter Resource Guide: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- McCarter Resource Guide: A Midsummer Night's Dream. “The course of true love never did run smooth…” Act I, Scene 1.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - California Shakespeare Theater
- Exaggeration and Alliteration in A Midsummer Night's Dream g. .
Suggested News Resources
- 2011 Travers Stakes TV Schedule: NBC To Show Midsummer Derby
- Hurricane Irene should not impact the Midsummer Derby, as storms related to the powerful hurricane are not expected to reach the historic upstate New York racetrack until the overnight hours. Thus, track conditions should be good.
- Movies, "difficult" music and Midsummer Mardi Gras - exciting Uptown weekend
- Mid-Summer Mardi Gras | Parade begins at 8:30 pm Saturday at the Maple Leaf Bar on Oak Street, and crawls around Carrollton area bars. The Shrimptown Stompers, Roux La La and other dance troupes will also be in effect.
- A midsummer rehearsal
- Sarah Rutan, playing Titania, queen of the fairies, delivers a line during a rehearsal of “A Midsummer Night's Dream” in Drake Park on Thursday.
- Travers Stakes 2011 Odds: Stay Thirsty Is Morning-Line Favorite
- Stay Thirsty, winner of the Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga Race Course earlier in the 2011 Saratoga meet, has been installed as the 5-2 morning line favorite for Saturday's 142nd running of the Midsummer Derby. Stay Thirsty got the No.
- Exposing Shakespeare to the masses
- By Stephen hunt, Calgary Herald August 24, 2011 Actors, from left, Zachery Dugan, Rebecca Fishman and Hans Wackerhauser perform a scene from Midsummer Night's Dream.
Suggested Web Resources
- Midsummer Fire Festival - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of
- The Midsummer Fire Festival is a seasonal event that celebrates the hottest season of the year. It s.
- Midsummer Night's Dream: Entire Play
- A Midsummer Night's Dream. Shakespeare homepage | Midsummer Night's Dream | Entire play. ACT I.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.