A selection of articles related to mimic octopus.
Original articles from our library related to the Mimic Octopus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mimic Octopus.
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Evil Hypnosis
- "Evil" hypnosis is what I call the popular view of hypnosis as something that is used by devious agencies or individuals to control people's minds surreptitiously. Mind control or behavior control are possible with hypnosis only temporarily, and...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Astral Beings and Wildlife
- The astral dimension contains a wide variety of what could be called non-physical subtle energy life-forms; or as Carlos Castenada so aptly calls them: inorganic beings. Some of these have a positive nature (nice) and some seem have a negative nature (not so...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
Mimic Octopus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mimic Octopus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Robots Mimic 'Octopus Skin' Capabilities
- Nature is a very, very rich source of inspiration for the world of science. How many modern day innovations have come about simply because great thinkers looked at what nature does and would like to replicate it?
- Absurd Creature of the Week: The Octopus That Does Incredible Impressions of
- And no copycat is stranger or more accomplished than the mimic octopus. True to its name, it impersonates a variety of other animals on the fly, morphing from an octopus to a banded sole to a lionfish to a sea snake. But this is no random assemblage of ...
- Octopus Skin Inspires Clothes That Double As Displays
- With their lithe limbs, stretchy skin, and colorful camouflage, octopuses have many admirers among scientists and engineers. Soft robotics makers, for example, aim to mimic the creatures' ability to slip into small spaces.
- Philippe Cousteau Puts on His Red Cap, Mimics Octopus
- A knack for imitation can be handy for an aspiring comedian ... or a sea creature looking to survive.
- 10 Questions With... Kulapat Yantrasast
- Kulapat Yantrasast, founding partner and creative director at the L.A.-based design firm wHY, believes museum architects should act like matchmakers.