A selection of articles related to mindfulness.
Original articles from our library related to the Mindfulness. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mindfulness.
- Serveral Simple But Useful Meditations
- MEDITATIONS Before you start any kind of meditation, here are a few tips: Pick a place where you will not be disturbed. If you want, you may put on some relaxing music or nature sounds to keep you from possible distractions. Get into an upright position...
Mind >> Meditation
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Religions >> Buddhism
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
Mindfulness is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mindfulness books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Can mindfulness improve pupils' concentration?
- Mindfulness is a psychological technique which is said to help combat stress. But should it be widely introduced in schools? The practice of mindfulness - which draws on Buddhist thinking - has become increasingly popular in recent years.
- How to Embrace Mindfulness as a Leader [Photo Gallery]
- Being a mindful leader is much more than being aware; it requires be attuned to the needs of you, your workers and your workplace in the moment.
- Mindfulness exercises from Sheppard Pratt help troubled teens cope with life
- The mindfulness exercise is one of many she's learned and embraced in a residential program at Sheppard Pratt, a psychiatric hospital in Towson, where she has been living and going to school since November. The training has helped her cope with the ...
- Higher levels of mindfulness linked to healthy glucose levels, study finds
- Photo (c) julief514 - Fotolia Practicing mindfulness comes with a myriad of scientifically proven benefits. From mood improvement and stress reduction to higher levels of optimism and self-control.