A selection of articles related to minyan origin.
Original articles from our library related to the Minyan Origin. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Minyan Origin.
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
Minyan Origin is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Minyan Origin books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- our Rabbi
- learned in our study group after morning minyan, whose origin can be found in both the Torah and the book of Psalms.
- Rose Esserman, a native of Rome, married Jule Levin of Cincinnati
- In 1889 five Orthodox Jewish families residing in Augusta, Georgia, formed a minyan that was the origin of Adas Yeshurun Synagogue.
- MIDWEST TORAH CENTER
- Aug 6, 2011 The way I explained the origin of minyan was less than effective.
- The history of the old Hebrew books of Fuerth: A journey down
- Oct 22, 2006 A brief history of Jewish book printing in to provide the man power "to make a Minyan".
Suggested Web Resources
- Judaism 101: Prayers and Blessings
- This surprising word origin provides insight into the purpose of Jewish prayer. .
- Minyan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A minyan (Hebrew: מִנְיָן lit. to count, number; pl.
- Question 9.12: What is the reason for a "minyon" (a quorum of 10
- Feb 4, 2011 Answer: Note that the requirements for a minyan are not biblical in origin. The reasons are rabbinic.
- What is the Origin of a Minyan Being Ten Men? | Assembly of
- Mar 8, 2011 Rabbi Dr. Jonathan Romain responds to the question: What is the origin of a minyan being ten men?
- The Origin of the Minyan | Rabbis for Human Rights
- The Origin of the Minyan ›. General | Rabbi Gil Nativ | 03.05.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.