A selection of articles related to miocene birds.
Original articles from our library related to the Miocene Birds. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Miocene Birds.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 40
- Chapter 40 40:1 And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had offended their lord the king of Egypt. 40:2 And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chief of the butlers, and against the...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Miocene Birds is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Miocene Birds books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Verge Review of Animals: pika vs. Pikachu
- This column is part of a series where Verge staffers post highly subjective reviews of animals. Up until now, we've written about animals without telling you whether they suck or rule. We are now rectifying this oversight.
- New snake species highlights how little we know about biodiversity in under
- “With the exception of mammals and birds among vertebrates and a few invertebrate groups like butterflies, we are far from having a complete understanding of our biodiversity. ... A New Miocene-Divergent Lineage of Old World Racer Snake from India.
- Earliest Ancestor of Biggest Bird Ever ID'd
- The new bird D. murrayi lived during the late Oligocene to early Miocene. Its Dromornis genus belonged to the Dromornithidae family of huge birds also known as "Mihirungs.
- Researcher discovers ancestor of biggest bird ever
- They say Dromornis murrayi, which at 250kg was originally the 'baby' of the ancient 'Mihirung' family of Dromornis giant birds, eventually evolved into the world's biggest bird, D. stirtoni, before going extinct.
- Giant Bird Ancestor Dromornis Murrayi A Distant Relative Of Ducks
- The D. murrayi existed in the late Oligocene to the early Miocene period, and emerged in research as the first in the lineage of this astounding bird species. Its genus was part of the Dromornithidae family of giant birds called “Mihirungs.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Miocene birds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Miocene birds". The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Category:Miocene birds of North America - Wikipedia, the free
- Pages in category "Miocene birds of North America". The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn ...
- Miocene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The plants and animals of the Miocene were fairly modern. Mammals and birds were well-established. Whales, seals, and kelp spread.
- Prehistoric Life During the Miocene Epoch - Dinosaurs - About.com
- Here's a look at prehistoric life on earth during the Miocene epoch. ... Pelagornis, a gigantic flying bird of the Miocene epoch (Wikimedia Commons).
- Miocene Birds from California - Natural History Museum of Los
- MIDDLE MIOCENE MARINE BIRDS FROM THE. FOOTHILLS OF THE SANTA ANA MOUNTAINS,. ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Miocene Birds Topics
Related searchesmanual transmission driving technique
genetic engineering terminology
androgen inhibition of fat deposition
tlingit man and nature