Mission Revival Style
A selection of articles related to mission revival style.
Original articles from our library related to the Mission Revival Style. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mission Revival Style.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
Mission Revival Style is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mission Revival Style books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mission Revival
- The Mission Revival style was born in California in the 1890s.
- Mission revival revised 041806.qxd
- Glendale Design Guidelines for Residential Buildings in Adopted Historic Districts. 53 mission revival style. Mission Revival Style.
- T R A N S I T Z O N I N G C O D E B. Mission Revival : Architectural
- The Mission Revival style is a mature and complex architectural language.
- LANDMARKS OF THE C ITY OFR IVERSIDE
- Mission Inn (3649 Mission Inn Avenue) Owner Frank A. Miller's Mission Inn epitomizes his role as Riverside's leading exponent of the Mission Revival style.
Suggested News Resources
- See the new sights on campus with this self-guided tour
- The original red tile-roofed structure, built about 1913, was the first building constructed on campus in the Mission Revival style.
- Police substation planned for Santa Fe rail depot
- The Santa Fe Depot was built in 1909 in the Mission Revival style. It now marks the last stop on the Santa Fe leg of the Rail Runner train. Santa Fe formally took over the building in late May, opening a CVB-run Visitor Center.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mission Revival Architecture
- Photos and Web sites may be used for educational purposes with appropriate reference. ARCHITECTURAL STYLES of AMERICA.
- Mission Revival House Style
- The Mission style often mingles with Arts & Crafts ideas to create these unique and charming homes. Learn about Mission Revival architecture.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.