A selection of articles related to mithraism.
Original articles from our library related to the Mithraism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mithraism.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Mithraism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mithraism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Medical Refugees: A Threat to the Healthcare System in Europe?
- He was an Yazidi, an ancient religion, which integrates elements of Islam with Zoroastrianism, Persia's ancient religion, and Mithraism, a religion originating from the Eastern Mediterranean.
- The Continuing Adventures of Space Jesus
- Wading through his article, it seems that Carrier is not including graffiti or ossuary scratchings as inscriptions, but is referring to the inscriptions sometimes left by followers of e.g. Mithraism that refer to their gods.
- Mithraism and Mythicism
- Mithras is one of the more popular figures for Jesus mythicists to point to as having been the precursor to and inspiration for everything Christians eventually believed about Jesus. There have been numerous attempts to address the misinformation about ...
- Bull-Killer, Sun Lord
- A colorful fresco of the Mithraeum at Marino, Italy, shows the god Mithras slaying a bull. This scene is known as the tauroctony. (Wikimedia Commons).
- A history of the world in 100 objects: Statue of Mithras
- Becky Allen, the curator of the Saadiyat Island exhibition describes its importance: “Mithraism as a faith died out when the Roman empire become Christian so this piece is talking about the moment before the rise of the world faiths as we know them today.
ben chifley quotes
fengshen yanyi some famous anecdotes
maglev train existing maglev systems
andre agassi ethnicity question