A selection of articles related to mithras.
Original articles from our library related to the Mithras. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mithras.
- Persian/Mesopotamian. Based on a Zoroastrian original (Mitra), Mithras became a virtually universal God in later Imperial times, especially among legionary soldiers. An austere and highly ethical Divinity, Mithras demanded honourable conduct, obedience to...
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Cypress: Correspondences
- Cupressus sumpervirens Folk Names: Tree of Death Gender: Feminine Planet: Saturn Element: Earth Deity: Mithras, Pluto, Aphrodite, Ashtoreth, Artemis, Apollo, Cupid, Jupiter, Hekat, Hebe, Zoroaster Power: Protection, Longevity, Healing, Comfort...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Osiris and the journey to Eternal Life
- Osiris, the king of Egypt was beloved by all his people. He taught them to plow the earth, to honor the gods and he gave them laws to live by. But his brother Seth was jealous and plotted against him to become king in his place. Even though his queen, Isis,...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Mithras is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mithras books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mithras. MikroWin Version 4.18.
- December 25: The Birthday of the Iranian God, Mithra and Jesus of
- Grass-land magnate Mithra we worship, whose words the hymn in the Avesta, we are also aware of the presence of the god Mithra or Mithras (Vedic.
- Mithraic Mysteries
- Alan Davies: Just the two of them, were there? Mithraic Mysteries.
Suggested News Resources
- Take the war against drug addiction to classroom
- Retired Interpol Drug Specialist, Rama Sundaralingam says, â€œDrug abuse is not considered a priority issue, but it is important to take the war against drug addiction to the classroom, not the court room.
- Meet your local bobby
- are encouraged to discuss crime and anti-social behaviour issues. The Heddon drop-in event will be held at Mithras Gardens between 2pm and 3pm. The Ponteland session will take place on Saturday, August 20 in Merton Hall, Merton Way, from 10am to 11am.
- New smart phone app lays bare Londinium
- L. Users can find the underground location of such sites as the Temple of Mithras, amphitheatre, forum and basilica, central to Roman civic life, and long since buried under a 20-foot (6.09 metre) build up of ground surface and modern structures.
- Referee recognised
- “When I returned, I continued on local leagues and was promoted to the Metropolitan and Mithras Floodlit Leagues as a linesman.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mithraic mysteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Mithraic Mysteries were a mystery religion practised in the Roman Empire from about the 1st to 4th centuries AD.
- Jesus as a reincarnation of Mithra
- Mithra was born on December 25th as an offspring of the Sun.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Mithraism
- A pagan religion consisting mainly of the cult of the ancient Indo-Iranian Sun-god Mithra.
- MITHRAS | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- MITHRAS's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
- Mithraism - Dress Rehearsal for Christianity
- Mithraism anticipated Christianity in all major respects bar one, and enjoyed a ' reign' of at least five centuries.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesoxygen deprivation
aral sea current situation
robert peel police reform
dream dictionary dye