- Resisting anti-Semitism does not contradict resisting the Israeli state
- Differences in wealth, learning, and observance; differences in cultural background and customs (between … Jews from Eastern Europe, Spain, or the Orient); differences in religious afﬁliation and understanding (…between Hasidim and Mitnagdim…) ...
- MainJudaismOn the Reform Movement and Israel
- On one hand, they could remain in the shtetl, taking part in the disputes between Hasidim and Mitnagdim and between traditionalists and modernizers.
- The Tisch: A 'hassid' among the mitnagdim
- Generally, we think of nascent Hassidism as a clear division between two warring camps: the hassidim and their opponents, the mitnagdim. This narrative of hassidic history goes on to tell of a measure of rapprochement between the factions in the 19th ...
- Haredim, Hasidim und Mitnagdim
- Männer tragen im Allgemeinen einen Kaftan und schwarzen Hut, Frauen knöchellange Kleider und ein Kopftuch. Im 18. Jahrhundert entwickelten sich zwei bis heute bestehende Denkschulen: die Hasidim und die Mitnagdim.
Mitnagdim is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mitnagdim books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.