Mobutu Sese Seko
- Reopening Logging in the DRC Could Cause Environmental and Humanitarian Disaster
- The chaos created by these conditions were later exacerbated by failed leaders and military uprisings, particularly former President Mobutu Sese Seko and his successor President Laurent Kabila. Both Kabila and Mobutu often used the country's natural ...
- Jeremy Harding
- The FNLA clung to its Bakongo roots, which assured it a family welcome in Zaire: its leader, Holden Roberto, grew up in the Belgian Congo and married into the clan of the president, Mobutu Sese Seko.
- DR Congo court jails six activists
- The six were arrested during a strike called by the Congolese opposition on February 16, to mark the bloody crackdown on the "Christian march" of 1992, when many thousands of Roman Catholics rallied in a bid to persuade then dictator Mobutu Sese Seko ...
- Does the west really care about development?
- In the Congo, Patrice Lumumba, the country's first elected leader, was assassinated by Belgium and the CIA when it became clear he would restrict foreign control over resource-rich Katanga province.
- President Kabila Turning Into the New Mobutu Sese Seko As the World Watches
- Democratic Republic of Congo President Joseph Kabila is on the verge of becoming the present day Mobutu Sese Seko, that loathed and fallen dictator to have ruled the former Zaire. Sese Seko died a lonely and miserable death in Morocco in 1997 when he ...
Mobutu Sese Seko is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mobutu Sese Seko books and related discussion.