A selection of articles related to modal jazz.
Original articles from our library related to the Modal Jazz. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Modal Jazz.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- Lynne, Carol
- Growing up surrounded by music, Carole Lynneâ€™s musical education has ranged from the informal training of her parents teaching her how to sing jazz to formal instruction at The Juilliard School of Music, University of Michigan Music School, and The American...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Modal Jazz is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Modal Jazz books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- New CD 'The Music of Jackie McLean' to Be Released by Primary Records 4/22
- For the last year and a half, San Francisco Bay Area woodwind expert Steven Lugerner has been digging into the music of jazz legend Jackie McLean with Jacknife, Lugerner's hard-hitting West Coast post-bop quintet.
- Brandee Younger, a Harpist Finding Her Way to Jazz
- And when she appeared with her band earlier this month at Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola, the set had a segue from “Rama Rama,” one of Ms. Coltrane's devotional songs, to “Blue Nile,” one of her cascading modal jazz compositions. But the band — with Anne ...
- Spreading SA's jazz grooves
- “The hypnotic, spirit-searching grooves and modes resonate with us and relate directly to our modal jazz/experimental rock interests,” he says. “We are somehow in the centre of all these sounds, growing up in an urban and cosmopolitan society.
- Canadian Festival du Bois Reveals 2016 Program
- The 27th edition of Festival du Bois will take place March 4-6, 2016 at Mackin Park in Maillardville/Coquitlam, British Columbia. Festival du Bois celebrates French-Canadian culture and has grown to become British Columbia's largest and most popular ...
Modal Jazz Topics
Related searchesmonaco demographics
gideon v wainwright decision
laughing owl distribution
abdul-qasim junaid baghdadi
oxygen sensor scientific applications