Modernity The Paradox Of Modernity
A selection of articles related to modernity the paradox of modernity.
Original articles from our library related to the Modernity The Paradox Of Modernity. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Modernity The Paradox Of Modernity.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Modernity The Paradox Of Modernity is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Modernity The Paradox Of Modernity books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'The Age of Genius', by AC Grayling
- Both defend the idea that the Enlightenment was a grand project, playing down objections that it had many unconnected and contrasting strands, that theology survived unshaken, and that it is misleading to see here “the birth of modernity”.
- Timothy Morton on haunted architecture, dark ecology, and other objects
- What we thought was special about humans is actually incredibly cheapWell, at the beginning of modernity (late 18th century), European philosophy was beginning to show that human beings are TARDISes.
- Los Angeles Review of Books
- Why, Judy's like a mother to me.” Children are refused the experience of childhood in The Children because modernity deems it so. The result of this denial, though, is a paradoxical situation in which no one is ever able to grow up.
- In conversation with Timothy Morton
- Well, at the beginning of modernity (late 18th century), European philosophy was beginning to show that human beings are TARDISes. ... And for me, it's deliciously paradoxical, because while things are never as they seem, they are exactly what they are.