A selection of articles related to monastic.
Original articles from our library related to the Monastic. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Monastic.
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
Monastic is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Monastic books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Monastic Quality of Anglicanism
- The Monastic Quality of Anglicanism by Br. John-Bede Pauley, OSB. Brother John-Bede is a monk of St.
- MONASTIC INSTITUTE Benedictine Spirituality
- Twenty-Fifth Annual. MONASTIC. INSTITUTE.
- Monasticism. Lumen Christi Catholic School. Church History.
Suggested News Resources
- Young volunteers turn backs on money
- "Those are the people I want to be around," said Krinks, who is a member of Amos House, a new monastic community that does homeless outreach in Nashville. For Matt Ward, doing meaningful work is more important than money.
- Monastic Studies Continue
- I wish them the best as they start another chapter of their monastic life, and look forward to what their futures hold." Br. Anselm Kuehler has been a member of St.
- Debating is part of monastic life in Tibet
- Monks gather in the debating courtyard of Sera Monastery in Lhasa, Tibet autonomous region on Aug 22, 2011. Except on Sundays, monks debate every day in the afternoon for one or two hours at Sera Monastery.
- Rostov: festival of Russian medieval monastic culture
- The first festival of Russian medieval monastic culture, "Rostov action" opens today in Rostov, western Russia. The packed 4-day program offers a wealth of conferences, concerts, master-classes and exhibitions.
- Father David Bellinghausen finds harmony as monk, priest
- Father Bellinghausen celebrated 25 years as a priest during the annual monastic retreat at Subiaco Abbey June 6-10, and 50 years as a monk. "I love the solitude of monastic life, but I also enjoy being with people," he said.
Suggested Web Resources
- Monasticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Monasticism is a religious way of life characterized by the practice of renouncing worldly pursuits to fully devote one's self to spiritual work.
- Monastic - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- of or relating to monasteries or to monks or nuns. 2. : resembling (as in seclusion or ascetic simplicity) life in a monastery.
- Free website monitoring service: Montastic
- The website monitoring service that doesn't suck. Get an email when your website goes down. Statuses are available by email, web, RSS feeds and widgets.
- monastic - definition of monastic by the Free Online Dictionary
- mo·nas·tic (m -n s t k) also mo·nas·ti·cal (-t -k l). adj. 1.