A selection of articles related to mondegreen examples.
Original articles from our library related to the Mondegreen Examples. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mondegreen Examples.
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
Mondegreen Examples is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mondegreen Examples books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Earslips: Of Mishearings and Mondegreens Steven Connor A talk
- Many examples of mondegreens involve children trying to make sense of mysterious adult language.
- Journal Questions English 120
- Why do you think we find mondegreens so funny? Savan: Savan loads her essay with examples of the ways “black talk” has affected American culture at large.
- Music and mondegreens: extracting meaning from noise
- mondegreens, and the genre has become popular to the extent that there is now doubt about whether some of the examples cited are authentic or contrived.
- Various Forms of Slips: Errors in Language Production and
- Slips of the ear—also known as mondegreens—are “erroneous perception of childhood, for example, is probably caused by the lack of linguistic knowledge.
- Mondegreens: Of Cross-Eyed Bears and Falling Rocks
- published several sequels (the Barney example above comes from his. Christmas volume, Deck the Halls with Buddy Holly).
Suggested Web Resources
- mondegreen - definition and examples of mondegreens
- Words that result from the mishearing or misinterpretation of a statement or song lyric.
- Here are some examples of pop music mondegreens reported on the Internet. First, the line. Waterloo, Couldn't escape if I wanted to [Abba].
Mondegreen Examples Topics
Related searchesyankee doodle barney songs
compostela valley people and culture
knowledge representation history
law of retardation and acceleration