A selection of articles related to monk.
Original articles from our library related to the Monk. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Monk.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Raidho, the "r-rune", is the fifth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. The Old English Rune Poem, Old Norse Rune Rhyme and Old Icelandic Rune Poem all refer to horses in their verses on Raidho. Horses are how people got around back then,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Martin Luther
- Martin Luther was a German theologian, a priest and a monk, a scholar and a writer. He was the leading figure of the Protestant Reformation.
Saga of Times Past >> Biography
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Monk is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Monk books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hawaiian Monk Seal Facts
- Marine Conservation Biology Institute. Washington • California • DC • Hawaii • www.mcbi.
- The Monk
- novelist and dramatist, often referred to as "Monk" Lewis, because of the success of his Gothic novel, The Monk. Source: Wikipedia.
Suggested News Resources
- Sentencing Of Tibetan Monks
- 09-02-2011 Sentencing Of Tibetan Monks A Chinese court convicted Drongdru, a Tibetan monk, for intentionally killing a young monk who self-immolated at the Kirti Monastery.
- Amax NutraSource Supplies ISC with Monk Fruit
- (ISC) with luo han guo (monk fruit extract)–a natural, low-calorie, high-intensity sweetener—for use in ISC's NatureWise™ Sweeteners brand of products, specifically in NatureWise™ Monk Fruit.
- Inquiry call on monk's hotel plan
- Two Assembly Members want a public inquiry into the Welsh Government's handling of plans by a Shaolin monk to open a cultural centre in an old hotel.
- Sophie Monk wore a sexy Catwoman costume
- My favorite semi-employed model/actress from Australia (or is she my second favorite, I've lost track) Sophie Monk dressed up like a sexy Catwoman for something… a TV show maybe… like it matters.
- Lawsuit alleges sexual abuse at Independence Catholic church
- was appointed for the first time to parish ministry in the diocese. He currently serves as pastor of Blessed Sacrament Parish, in Bethany, Missouri. A spokesperson for Conception Abbey, where True is currently a monk, said a statement is forthcoming.
Suggested Web Resources
- Monk TV Series, Detective Monk Television Show - USA Network
- Follow detective Adrian Monk on his adventures solving cases on the Monk TV series. USA Network's Monk television show features Tony Shalhoub.
- Monk TV Show Video - Monk Full Episodes -Full Episodes
- Watch full episodes of Monk online for free.
- Monk (TV Series 2002–2009) - IMDb
- Created by Andy Breckman. Directed by Daniel Dratch, Michael Nankin. With Tony Shalhoub, Jason Gray-Stanford, Ted Levine, Traylor Howard.
- Monk - TV.com
- Monk: Former police detective Adrian Monk (Tony Shalhoub), whose photographic memory and amazing ability to piece together tiny clues made him a local...
Related searchesuniversal sufism sacred texts
cromniomancy comment on modern use