Moon Myth And Folk Culture
A selection of articles related to moon myth and folk culture.
Original articles from our library related to the Moon Myth And Folk Culture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Moon Myth And Folk Culture.
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Moon Myth And Folk Culture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Moon Myth And Folk Culture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 510 Moon Myths [v5.0]
- B. Myths and folk tales were used to explain natural phenomenon before science was developed. C.
- Cultural interrelationships between Turkish minstrel tradition and
- Turkish and Comparative Folklore at Hacettepe University in Ankara, Turkey. entertainment history, Turkish epics, Turkish proverbs, Turkish mythology, and minstrel tradition and Egyptian folk culture in the socio-cultural context of ..
- Korean Myths and Folktales
- KOREAN MYTHS AND FOLKTALES. Jar with tiger and magpie, and presenting art distinctive to the culture and traditions of Korea. Stories will be told to ..
- BALTIC WORLDVIEW: FROM MYTHOLOGY TO - Folklore.ee
- forms of language, folklore, mythology, religion and other kinds of culture. .
- THE SUN, THE MOON AND FIRMAMENT IN CHUKCHI - Folklore.ee
- www.folklore.ee/folklore http://www.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lunar deity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The monthly cycle of the moon, in contrast to the annual cycle of been implicitly linked to women's menstrual cycles by many cultures, of the folk belief in the moon as a cause of periodic insanity.
- What Are the Different Types of Moon Mythology?
- Jul 21, 2011 Popular folklore is another kind of moon mythology, sometimes deriving from whimsical tales rather than actual belief systems.
- Folktexts: A library of folktales, folklore, fairy tales, and mythology
- Return to: Folk and Mythology Electronic Texts, page 2. Germanic Myths, Legends, and Sagas. ..
- Phases of the Moon and Myth | eHow.com
- Perhaps no phase carries as much mythology as the full moon. Ancient folk believed that the moon's light could cause or increase insanity and violent behavior.