A selection of articles related to mortification.
Original articles from our library related to the Mortification. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mortification.
- Althea: Correspondences
- Althaea officinalis Folk Names: Marshmallow, Mortification Root, Sweet Weed, Wymote Gender: Feminine Element: Water Powers: Protection, Psychic Powers...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- The two main characteristics in the psychological image of Staphisagria are oppression and victim. Staphisagria-personalities have problems with injustice; they cannot stand injustice caused to themselves or persons in their surroundings. They do not stand up...
Remedies >> Remedies S
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
Mortification is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mortification books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mortification of Sin
- Chapter II - the principal assertion concerning the necessity of mortification proposed.
- Self-Mortification and the Stigma of Leprosy in Northern India
- RONALD BARRETT. Stanford University. Self-Mortification and the Stigma of Leprosy in.
- The Doctrine of Mortification. How May I Know If I Am in a State of Mortification?
- Strangs Mortification and Forfar Charitable Funds
- Mortification and. Forfar Charitable. Funds.
- TMSJ 5/1 (Spring 1994) 3-22
- Mortification is the believer's responsibility repressing it do not equate to sin's mortification. Mortification abates [sin's] force, but doth not change its nature.
Suggested News Resources
- Mortifying moments? Canadian authors could fill a book
- I've been beaten to this by a book of such reminiscences, called Mortification: Writers' Stories of Their Public Shame (edited by Robin Robertson).
- Day of Penance over 'Kulo'
- Manila Archbishop Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales, in a circular, encouraged the faithful to perform sacrifice on that date such as fasting or other forms of mortification, “as an expression of remorse for the sins committed against God's majesty.
- Live review: Katy Perry at the Nokia Theatre
- Teenagers have no shortage of opportunities for mortification via social media today. But just before Katy Perry's fizzy two-hour set at the Nokia Theatre on Friday, they had a new one to worry about: the Smooch Cam.
- Creating something that can be touched
- (The bronze sculpture 'Self Mortification' will remain undisturbed, sealed into the relic chamber of the Somawathiya Stupa.) While its persistence is a quality that appeals to him, he also delights in the alloy's malleability and strength.
Suggested Web Resources
- Rowe Productions
- With both Mortification and Wonrowe Vision I am rehearsing very hard towards performing Both Bands Live beginning early next year!
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Mortification
- One of the methods which Christian ascesticism employs in training the soul to virtuous and holy living.
- mortification - definition of mortification by the Free Online Dictionary
- mor·ti·fi·ca·tion (môr t -f -k sh n). n. 1.
- Mortification | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- Mortification's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
Related searchesprinceton university traditions
chinese nobility history
v for vendetta film plot
quadrophenia track listing
dream dictionary pope