A selection of articles related to mortification.
Original articles from our library related to the Mortification. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mortification.
- Althea: Correspondences
- Althaea officinalis Folk Names: Marshmallow, Mortification Root, Sweet Weed, Wymote Gender: Feminine Element: Water Powers: Protection, Psychic Powers...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- The two main characteristics in the psychological image of Staphisagria are oppression and victim. Staphisagria-personalities have problems with injustice; they cannot stand injustice caused to themselves or persons in their surroundings. They do not stand up...
Remedies >> Remedies S
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
Mortification is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mortification books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mortification on the Appalachian Trail: Kent, CT
- “Worldlings go in search of sensual gratifications,” writes Saint Alphonsus de Ligouri, founder of the Redemptorist congregation, “but the followers of Christ seek only corporal austerities.
- The practice of fasting
- Some Buddhist monks and nuns commonly don't eat after the noon meal, and to follow the Middle Path means the believer is to admonish extremes of indulgence or self-mortification. Some Hindus fast on certain days of the week and/or month.
- Parenting the parents
- To my eternal mortification, she has harangued the manager of Punjab National Bank to give them to her for free. (“My husband has had an account with you since 1954, surely we deserve a few calendars…?
- Hilariously Awkward Language Faux Pas
- In America, this means drinking two alcoholic drinks at the same time. In the U.K.
- What's really behind the Wawa cult following?
- First things first, is this even a question?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesgame mechanic territory control
american literature overview
a beautiful mind plot summary
chipotle mexican grill menu