A selection of articles related to mudra postures.
Original articles from our library related to the Mudra Postures. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mudra Postures.
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- Meditation, Felling and Group Mind (GM3)
- The main reason why the modern person usually assumes they have little to no psychic sensitivity, is because they are not in touch with their feelings. The second most prevalent reason for this attitude, is due to our training in the modern paradigm. In...
Mind >> Meditation
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Mudra Postures is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mudra Postures books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Unlocking the Healing Powers in Your Hands
- Mudras are postures (asanas) of the hands.
- Santa Cruz Zen Center: Postures for People with Chronic Pain Zen
- LYING DOWN POSTURES. This posture involves lying on your back with knees bent, providing stability and alignment of the spine.
- Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas - Awakening Ecstatic Kundalini
- spinal breathing pranayama, deep meditation, samyama, mudras and bandhas ( covered in the next chapter), and other techniques.
- Mudras of the Great Buddha : Symbolic Gestures and Postures
- Mudras are a non-verbal mode of communication and self-expression, consisting of hand gestures and finger- postures.
- Dissolving into freedom: Swami Kripalu's energetic posture series
- Asana and Mudra.
Suggested News Resources
- How To Find The Right Style Of Yoga For You
- Described by Bhajan's 3HO foundation, the practice “combines breath, mudra [postures, usually of the hands] , eye-focus, mantra, body locks, and postures in a precise, conscious manner to affect body, mind, and soul.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mudra Hand Postures
- Mudras are a special type of sign-language spoken with the hands using hand gestures and finger postures.
- Mudra(Body Postures) : Ling mudra,Shunya mudra
- Sep 4, 2001 Mudra (Body Postures) - Read About What is Mudra,Ling Mudra and Shunya Mudra on Pediatric Oncall.
- Yoga Mudras | Finger Postures | A2ZYoga.com
- Mudra is the science of hand and finger postures. It can help to cure bodily ailments in a wonderful manner.
- POSTURE OF KNOWLEDGE (GYANA MUDRA): Method: This mudra is achieved by joining the tips of the index fingers with the tips of the thumbs.
- Mudra Postures
- Mudra Postures. Mudras are said to awaken the kundalini energy. They can be practiced either before or after other yoga practices like pranayama or asanas.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.