A selection of articles related to mughal architecture.
Original articles from our library related to the Mughal Architecture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mughal Architecture.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
- Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Magick and Science
- Many people wonder how magick works. To the non-believer, they say that there is no proof that spells work. And those abilities such as telekinesis are illusionary or product of imagination. They ask us to use scientific means to explain how exactly these...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
Mughal Architecture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mughal Architecture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Humayun's Tomb: Form, Function, and Meaning in Early Mughal
- MEANING IN EARLY MUGHAL ARCHITECTURE. On the afternoon of Rabi' al- awwal 7, 963 (January 20,.
- CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT OF TIMURID, SAFAVID
- CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT OF TIMURID,. SAFAVID AND MUGHAL ARCHITECTURE. 6 - 12 April, 2009, New Delhi, India.
Suggested News Resources
- History and luxury in India
- Our tour of Delhi started at Qutub Minar, one of the tallest towers in India and a great example of Mughal architecture. It stands at 73m high and is based at the Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque, one of the first mosques to be built in India.
- Lonely Planet guide to India
- Though little remains of the glorious interiors, the massive Mughal architecture and geometric gardens evoke the centuries-old magnificence of this imperial throne.
- Understanding signs and symbols adorning scripture
- Also, the heavy use of blue in Ottoman, Sultanate and Mughal architecture, arts and crafts hint that it was the colour of religion, he added.
- PHOTOS: World's most AWESOME presidential palaces
- British architect Edwin Landseer Lutyens in 1914 oversaw the construction of the mansion which is inspired by Roman and Mughal architecture, amalgamated with Hindu, Buddhist and Jain traditions.
- Filming the Taj - a pointless exercise?
- Author of 60-odd books on Mughal architecture, in his latest book, Nath compares the beauty of the Taj Mahal with a chaste and graceful woman. Nath says more than an exquisitive architectural piece, the Taj is a work of creative art at its best.
Suggested Web Resources
- Manas: Culture, Architecture of India, Mughal
- The Mughal dynasty was established with the crushing victory of Babur at Panipat in 1526.
- Mughal Architecture
- Click to Enter.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.