A selection of articles related to mummies.
Original articles from our library related to the Mummies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mummies.
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
Mummies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mummies books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- What we learn about mummies colon cancer …
- Les gènes d'une momie hongroise aident les scientifiques à mieux comprendre les causes du cancer colorectal. Researchers have discovered a gene associated with colon cancer in a mummy of the 18th century. Evidence that colon cancer is much older ...
- Amazing Mummies: King Tut's Great Grandparents
- For starters, the mortal remains of Yuya and Tuyu are so beautifully preserved they're now the rock stars of the mummy world. A proper mummification took a long time and cost a lot of money, and in this case the embalmers seem to have spared no expense.
- Leonardo's 'Mummies' exhibit closes Sunday
- One of The Leonardoís most successful exhibitions, "Mummies of the World: The Exhibition," will return to Salt Lake City on Dec. 18 with a new collection of mummies and artifacts, new galleries and stories. Courtesy | American Exhibitions, Inc ...
- Can mummies talk? Scientists find out.
- Mr. Avanzini and his colleagues will recreate a model of Otzi's vocal tract, which includes the vocal cords and his mouth, in what they believe is the first experiment of its kind on a mummy.
- Science Museum of Minnesota exhibit brings mummies into the 21st century
- The mummy exhibit opening Friday at the Science Museum of Minnesota meshes the technology of multiple millenniums. Scientists used 21st-century high tech — including CT scanning and 3-D printing — to examine bodies that were prepared for burial as ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Mummy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mummies of humans and other animals have been found on every continent, both as a result of natural preservation through unusual conditions, and as cultural ...
- Encyclopedia Smithsonian: Egyptian Mummies
- Egyptian Mummies. Photo of Egyptian Mummy Coffins. The methods of embalming, or treating the dead body, that the ancient Egyptians used is called ...
- Oldest Mummies Video - Ancient Egypt - HISTORY.com
- The Chin Choi, a fishing community south of Peru, wrapped their dead 1500 years before the earliest Egyptian mummies.
- Mummification - Ancient Egypt
- Interactive features allow the user to learn about how bodies were prepared, examine a mummy and its coffin, and take a journey through the underworld.
- four jars used to store the liver, stomach, lungs and intestines of the mummy. In later times the jars were made in the form of the four gods who protected these ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbeing late
uss eugene pf-40
sensation gustatory sense
carsharing constraints disadvantages
ophthalmology famous ophthalmologists