A selection of articles related to mummification.
Original articles from our library related to the Mummification. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mummification.
- Anubis/Inpew/Yinepu/Anpu, "Lord of the Hallowed Land", meaning the necropolis. Jackal or dog headed god protecting the deceased. Known since Predydnastic times and linked to the name Khenty Amentiu, "Foremost of the Westerners". He was...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Originally a fertility symbol, he became the sacred bull, or the 'Ba' of the creator god Ptah at the cult center of Memphis. The Apis was linked to Pharaoh as the divine manifestation of a god and the bulls became important enough to have a grand burial at...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Afterlife
- Ancient Egyptian's have left us several texts concerning the immortal part of a human that continues to exist through all time, independent of the material body. Because of the overwhelming pervasiveness of Christianity in modern American society we tend to...
Religions >> Egyptian
Mummification is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mummification books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Although mummification existed in other cultures, eternal life was the main focus of ancient Egyptian religion.
- Lab: The Mummification of a Chicken
- Detailed knowledge of the mummification process through scholarly readings and practical experience. 2.
- Mummification and the Afterlife in Ancient Egypt
- Anthropologist's Journal. Shawee: A Kumeyaay Meal. 1.
Suggested News Resources
- Mummies in Outer Hebrides were made of different body parts
- The four bodies discovered in 2001 on South Uist are the first evidence in Britain of deliberate mummification. It is thought the body parts may have come from people in the same families - and were used for spiritual guidance.
- Jigsaw mummies
- The four bodies discovered in 2001 on South Uist, in Scotland's Outer Hebrides were the first evidence in Britain of deliberate mummification. It is thought the body parts may have come from people in the same families.
- Archeologists discover Egyptian mummies styled with fatty hair gel
- (PhysOrg.com) -- While it has long been known that the ancient Egyptians prettied up those deemed worthy of mummification, not so clear was what was done for the hair.
- Ancient Egyptian Mummies Styled Their Hair with 'Fat-Based' Gel: Study
- By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 21, 2011 3:05 AM EDT It is a known fact that the process of beautification is an important part of the ancient Egyptian mummification process.
- Mummification for beauty
- Demi Moore raves about the art of mummification and enjoys turning into a mummy herself to keep looking stunning as these silicone masks, infused with collagen and hyaluronic acid seem extremely beneficial.
Suggested Web Resources
- Interactive features allow the user to learn about how bodies were prepared, examine a mummy and its coffin, and take a journey through the underworld.
- Mummification Story
- An important man has died and his body needs to be prepared for burial.
- Embalm your own mummy with this Flash game.
- An Egyptian Mummification
- Mummification is the preservation of a body, either animal or human.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchestofu three theories of origin
agra chini ka rauza
athena asamiya quotes