A selection of articles related to mungana affair.
Original articles from our library related to the Mungana Affair. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mungana Affair.
- The Character of Magick
- I have a friend, her husband is morbidly obese through indulgent overeating. Whole roasts at night! She feels betrayed. My husband is unconscious in the hospital bed, as I sit here I feel incredibly alone and abandoned. I miss him, yet he is right there. A...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- 11 - Lust
- In most Tarot decks this card is called Strength. Lust however is the enjoyment of feeling strong in your life, it is lust for life, being the life-force itself! It is the intimately union of the sun (the lion, male principle) with the moon (the woman, female...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Hyoscyamus niger
- Hyoscyamus niger is a remedy for the more passive psychoses. There certainly can be outbursts of violent aggression, but usually the patient is mainly occupied with him- or herself. These people are talking nonsense to themselves or to unseen people, often...
Remedies >> Remedies G
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Mungana Affair is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mungana Affair books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- III. The Pro-Hitler, Fascist Origins of the Liberal Party
- scandal, the Mungana Affair, dat- ing from some years earlier, when on July 4 the so-called Mungana. Affair scandal was launched against him.
- AUSTRALIANPOLITICS.COM Ministerial Resignations and
- Found guilty by Queensland Royal Commission into Mungana business dealings .
- Kennedy, K. H. The Mungana Affair: State Mining & Political Corruption in the 1920s.
- North Queensland Resources Development
- John Roskam, Executive Director, Institute of Public affairs.
Suggested News Resources
- Carr to Canberra - The Record of Premiers Who Have Gone Federal
- The 'Mungana Affair' was to lead to Theodore's resignation as Treasurer, though he was to defeat the civil action against him launched by the Queensland government.
Suggested Web Resources
- Trove - The Mungana affair : state mining and political corruption in
- Trove: Find and get Australian resources.
- Ted Theodore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In June 1930 the "Mungana affair" forced Theodore's resignation.
- Mungana | Queensland Places
- The trouble pursued Theodore into his role as Federal Treasurer in the 1930s, with the 'Mungana Affair' indelibly etched on the political map.
- Biography - William McCormack - Australian Dictionary of Biography
- For many years allegations of his involvement with the Mungana Mining Co., 1978), and for bibliography; K. H.