A selection of articles related to mungana affair.
Original articles from our library related to the Mungana Affair. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mungana Affair.
- The Character of Magick
- I have a friend, her husband is morbidly obese through indulgent overeating. Whole roasts at night! She feels betrayed. My husband is unconscious in the hospital bed, as I sit here I feel incredibly alone and abandoned. I miss him, yet he is right there. A...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- 11 - Lust
- In most Tarot decks this card is called Strength. Lust however is the enjoyment of feeling strong in your life, it is lust for life, being the life-force itself! It is the intimately union of the sun (the lion, male principle) with the moon (the woman, female...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Hyoscyamus niger
- Hyoscyamus niger is a remedy for the more passive psychoses. There certainly can be outbursts of violent aggression, but usually the patient is mainly occupied with him- or herself. These people are talking nonsense to themselves or to unseen people, often...
Remedies >> Remedies G
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Mungana Affair is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mungana Affair books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Labor factional numbers closer than any time in 20 years ahead of conference
- Mungana Affair 1929 Corrupt actions by Qld. Premiers Ted Theodore and William McCormack. Lang Dismissal Crisis 1932 Dismissal of NSW Premier Jack Lang by governor Philip Game.
- Mining billionaires spread risk with new investments
- The battle for Atherton (formerly Mungana Goldmines) is ongoing, with an unnamed group (believed to be CopperChem) and the private equity group Auctus both circling.
- Two mines looking better than one for Doray Minerals
- And it was when Doray acquired Mutiny, run at the time by the highly rated Tony James, formerly of Avoca/Alacer and Northern Star fame, and now managing director of the zinc developer that has become a takeover target, Mungana. James put Deflector ...
- Pink batts and union inquiries revive a tradition of political retribution
- The most legendary case of inter-war Labor corruption was the Mungana affair. In 1929, Queensland elected a conservative government (the Country and Progressive National Party) after 14 years in opposition. The conservative government established a ...
- CITY BEAT: Railway pioneer Everald Compton commits his memories to print while
- And he wrote The Mungana Affair, the mining tenement scandal that brought down celebrated Queensland premier and federal treasurer “Red” Ted Theodore in 1930.