A selection of articles related to muslim fasting.
Original articles from our library related to the Muslim Fasting. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Muslim Fasting.
- Juice Fasting 1.01: Building Will
- Two of the biggest problems with any metaphysical pursuit are: 1. Lack of will power 2. Dietary caused low energy levels Will Power: Will power is quite different from 'personality strength'. Just because a person has great personality strength does not mean...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Development
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- Spring Cleaning for Your Body
- Spring is that time of year when most of us feel the need to throw open the windows, beat the rugs, roll up our sleeves and start scrubbing our living space. Fertility rites. Out with the stale old stuff, in with the fresh new things, bringing with it the...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- On the heaviness of weight
- Mother goddesses of ancient cultures often are voluptuous figures with pronounced breasts and thighs. A successful nowadays paintress fills her canvasses with sensuous, joyful and overweight ladies, and everyone I’ve showed her pictures becomes happy and...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The healing heat of Ginger
- My first amazing experience with the healing power of Ginger was during a fasting week I assisted as a student. A bit nervous I applied slices of fresh cut Ginger on the lower back area of my teacher-naturopath, since she was suffering from back-ache since...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 17:3 And,...
New Testament >> Matthew
Muslim Fasting is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Muslim Fasting books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Medical Aspects Of Islamic Fasting
- a guide to healthy fasting
- and advice on maximising health gain during the Muslim fast. We hope it will also prove useful to others fasting for religious or spiritual reasons.
- Fasting: A Gap-Analysis Function in Islam — www.aaiil.org
- “FASTING: A GAP-ANALYSIS FUNCTION IN ISLAM”.
- Guiadance For Fasting Muslims
- Fasting Muslims. Written By: Shaikh/. Muhammad Al-Uthaimin.
Suggested News Resources
- Hikers' lawyer appeals Iran spying sentences
- The end of the Muslim fasting month, which has yet to be announced by religious authorities in Iran, is likely to be on Tuesday or Wednesday and Shafiee said clemency remained a possibility.
- President orders Sudanese journalists freed
- Witnesses said the decision to free about six journalists in detention came after he attended an annual function by journalists linked to the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
- Eid al-Fitr cookies in Egypt
- CAIRO - Workers preparing sweets for Eid al-Fitr, the feast that follows the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, in Cairo.
- Security stepped up in Kashmir after grenade attacks
- PTI Security across Kashmir Valley was stepped up in view of the large congregation expected at major mosques on the last Friday of the Muslim fasting month of Ramzan and two militant attacks that left two persons dead.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fasting in Islam
- But if we restrict the meaning of the Islamic Fasting to this literal sense, we would be sadly mistaken.
- Why Do Muslims Fast?
- Non-Muslim may also pose it to a Muslim. Here are some possible reasons why Muslims observe a marathon one-month fast during Ramadan.
- Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr — Infoplease.com
- For more on Islamic history and culture, see the Islam Primer. Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr.