- Second eaglet hatches at Berry; 1st one hatched Sunday night
- Avian Vacuolar Myelinopathy is a neurological disorder that has resulted in the death of more than 80 bald eagles since it was identified in 1994.
- Toxic Algae Threatens Bald Eagles
- Even so, it didn't take long for an entirely new danger to emerge for the bald eagle. In the mid-1990s, dead eagles started showing up in alarming numbers in Arkansas displaying signs of a neurological disease called avian vacuolar myelinopathy, or AVM.
- Molecular Characterization of NF1 and Neurofibromatosis Type 1 Genotype
- These unidentified lesions are proposed to be due to spongiform myelinopathy or vacuolar changes in myelin filled with water, which may be transient or intermittent.
- Eagle killer identified
- Necropsies of the birds discovered microscopic lesions in the eagle brains that explained their uncoordinated behavior, and eventually the disease had a name: avian vacuolar myelinopathy (AVM). Nearly a decade later, a South Carolina researcher into ...
- Bald eagles are starting to flourish again — but hold the confetti
- Working late in a tiny Arkansas lab, Susan Wilde found herself alone with a killer. It startled her. She jumped, let out a yelp, and took off down a hall.
Myelinopathy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Myelinopathy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
dream dictionary volunteer
battle of midway aftermath
marc train brunswick line