- The Running Doc on recovering from a thigh hematoma
- A painful condition that occurs in muscles after a bruising injury, myositis ossificans, is a frequent complication of muscle trauma (like you hitting a bench or a football player being tackled) leading to the formation of a large hematoma (blood clot).
- Running Doc: How to treat deep muscle bruises, aka myositis ossificans
- Dear Running Doc: I am 52 years old and have been running since I've been six years old and have never heard of this one! Last month I was running on an indoor track and some numskull moved a bench onto the track.
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressive: Potential Therapy
- Working in a mouse model of fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive (FOP), researchers find that an antibody that blocks the ligand activin A effectively stopped abnormal bone formation. Sarah J. Hatsell, PhD, from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in Tarrytown, ...
- Myalgia and myositis: Know about muscle pain and inflammation
- When a child has benign acute myositis he or she may suddenly complain about having severe pain in the leg and difficulty walking. In most cases the child has recently had a fever and upper respiratory symptoms. With ossificans myositis symptoms appear ...
- City College student marches proudly into public service
- After undergoing an extensive diagnostic process, she found out she had a rare form of myositis ossificans, a growth in her leg muscle.
Myositis Ossificans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Myositis Ossificans books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.