A selection of articles related to mythic animals.
Original articles from our library related to the Mythic Animals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mythic Animals.
- Questions and Answers about Power Animals
- Question : So, what does it mean to work with 'power' animals? Are we working with an individual animal, say the 'possum down the street or the wolf at the zoo? Answer : Well, sorry to say, no. When you work with a 'power' animal (I've got to find a better...
Symbology >> Animals
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Animal Magic
- (Its More Familiar Than You Think!) A Circle fills the room with its special glow. Fragrant herbs perfume the air; candles light the night. And two small eyes glow up at you, knowing that they too are part of the magic. People and animals have worked magic...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Noah's Ark
- The story (or myth? ) of Noah and his ark full of animals is told from the accounts in the Hebraic Bible, from the Christian’s Book of Genesis in the Old Testament Bible and from the Muslim’s Qur’an.
Old Testament >> Genesis
Mythic Animals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mythic Animals books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Here are four documentary trends seeping further into the mainstream
- As depressing as some of the movies can be, there's something almost mythic about America being viewed this way.
- March 9, 2016 - March Arts Walk Slated for 17th
- Azure March Image With quite a bit of change at the Advocate Loft, we've invited back our old favorite, Cyrus Peery, to exhibit prior and new surrealist works for our own Arts Walk destination. But enough about us.
- Edgy exhibition at Brown's Bell Gallery cuts to the heart
- “Dead Animals, or the Curious Occurrence of Taxidermy in Contemporary Art” at Brown University's David Winton Bell Gallery is not for the faint of heart. ...
- Shinto: Some Basics
- Essentially a collection of folk traditions and beliefs, Shinto wasn't codified until the compilation of the Kojiki, an 8th century work chronicling Japan's mythic origins. Shinto's folk ...
- Here's How Indonesia's Changing Landscape is Really Changing the World
- Lindsey Allen, executive director of Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has described it as “one of those almost mythic natural wonders that defies the imagination with its diversity and abundance of life.” Sadly ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.