A selection of articles related to mythical bird.
Original articles from our library related to the Mythical Bird. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mythical Bird.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Mythical Bird is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mythical Bird books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Image of mythical creature in astonishing Northern Lights display
- Hallgrimur P Helgason snapped the image which appears to show the mythical bird with outstretched wings near Reykjavik in Iceland, before it faded. The photographer, 64, said: “It's really a thrill shooting the aurora, especially when they are so playful.
- Nightjar and Dartford Warbler recorded at Brownsea for second time in 30 years
- Nightjars and Dartford Warblers have been recorded at Brownsea Island for only the second time since the 1980s. Thousands of nature lovers helped the National Trust record sightings of the rarely-spotted birds as part of the organisation's largest ever ...
- Review: Lugansky and Dutoit dazzle at Davies Hall
- The Symphony hadn't programmed the work since 2006, and its musical depictions of exotic settings, mythical creatures and the sounds of bird calls came across with plenty of charm in this shapely, nuanced reading.
- Day 324: Spotting a Mythical Bird
- I followed his gaze and there, balancing awkwardly on top of some low vegetation, was my mythical bird! We had nice scope views.