A selection of articles related to mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Greek Mythology and the Forms of Energy
- Greek Mythology is a wonderful literary vehicle with which to integrate forms of en - ergy.
- Mythology Virtual Field Trip Tour Stop 1: Greek Mythology – What's it
- Students will understand the importance of mythology to ancient peoples. 3.
- Selected Resources for. Mythology. (ENG 250-252).
- Handbook of Native American Mythology
- Handbook of Inca Mythology, Catherine Allen. Handbook of Japanese Mythology , Michael Ashkenazi Handbook of Polynesian Mythology, Robert D.
- Introduction to Greek Mythology
- What is Greek Mythology? • The people of ancient Greece shared stories called myths about the gods, goddesses, and heroes in which they believed.
Suggested News Resources
- The 'Complete Mythology' Of Syl Johnson
- Watch the Throne by Jay-Z and Kanye West, uses an unauthorized sample of one of his songs, "Different Strokes," credited to the Numero Group, which has put out a career-spanning collection of Johnson's work called The Complete Mythology.
- The Mythology Of Economic 'Uncertainty'
- Why can't America have some jobs? Lawmakers tell a story, which your Beltway media regurgitate, and it goes a little something like this. We can't have jobs until banks start lending money to support the productive side of the American economy.
- Delhi Book Fair begins, travel theme
- There are over 250 participants in the fair this time, including famous names in publishing from India and abroad. This year's book fair has 'Travel and Tourism' as theme.
- Diamond Mythology
- We human beings seem to crave creation myths. The tale of Adam and Eve moved people for millennia, and still seems thrilling and sad, even though we know all about natural selection.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The term mythology can refer to either the study of myths, or to a body of myths.
- Greek Mythology
- This site is dedicated to the heroes, gods and monsters of Greek mythology.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbox tunnel a secret tunnel
the brothers karamazov ilusha
zeev sternhell bibliography
australian media personalities category
rann of kutchch
galveston texas galveston today