A selection of articles related to mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Introduction To Classical Mythology THE MYTHOLOGY OF THE
- Greek and Roman mythology is quite generally supposed to show us the way the human ... writer who touches upon classical mythology, above all by the poets.
- 7th grade Lesson Plan: It's Greek to me: Greek Mythology
- In this lesson plan, students will gain an understanding of Greek mythology and the Olympian gods and goddesses. IMPORTANT NOTE. Do not give student(s) ...
- Constellation Legends
- In Greek mythology, the eagle was associated with Zeus. (Jupiter), either as a servant who carried Zeus' messages down to humans on Earth or as a disguise ...
- new system; antient mythology - Project Gutenberg
- His grand work, called, "A New System, or, an Analysis of Antient Mythology," was the next; "wherein an attempt is made to divest Tradition of Fable, and to ...
- Greek mythology and medical and psychiatric terminology
- Greek mythology and medical and psychiatric terminology. Loukas Athanasiadis. A great number of terms in modern psychiatry, medicine and related disciplines ...
Suggested News Resources
- Bernie Sanders' Free Trade Mythology
- Bernie Sanders' upset victory in Michigan came just two days after he stood on the debate stage in the perennially beleaguered city of Flint, Michigan, and decried the economic condition of the surrounding area.
- Grimm Episode 100: EPs, Stars Tease Mythology Answers in Milestone Hour: 'It's
- And later that day, when TVLine talks with series co-creators David Greenwalt and James Kouf on the show's Portland set, the cryptic pair — who wrote the ep — offers a (rare) definitive answer about mythology that has been a through line since the ...
- Margaret Glaspy Is Not Your Babe: Songwriting Mythology for a Modern Generation
- When Margaret Glaspy steps onstage at a small venue in Brooklyn, it's to mixed and polite applause. She's alone, and her guitar is plugged into an amp that looks almost laughably tiny on this empty stage, surrounded by the more formidable equipment of ...
- Review: Mythology-inspired story fails on screen
- The mighty creator-god Ra (Geoffrey Rush) ferries his sun boat across the cosmic sky, shedding light and lens flares on Egypt's great empire during the age of computer-generated imagery and semi-whitewashed ethnic dubiousness. The god Horus (Nikolaj ...
- 6 Bizarre Sex Stories from Greek Mythology that are Crazy and Erotic at Once
- The ancient Greeks had some really weird sex stories that are far away from being termed as 'sexy'. In fact, these stories are kind of scary and freaky and too distant from what modern stories involving sex are.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mythology is a collection of myths, especially one belonging to a particular sacred, religious or cultural tradition of a group of people. Myths are a collection of ...
- Greek Mythology :: Greek Gods :: Greek Goddesses :: Greek Myths
- Greek Mythology offers information on all Greek Gods, Greek Goddesses and Myths of Ancient Greece. All about Pandora, Hercules, Jason, Odysseus, Minotaur, ...
- Mythology: Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, American Indian
- Learn about the traditional tales Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, American Indian cultures involving gods, goddesses, monsters, heroes, heroines, and much ...
- Mythology - Ancient History Encyclopedia
- Mythology (from the Greek 'mythos' for story-of-the-people, and 'logos' for word or speech, the spoken story of a people) is the study and interpretation of often ...
- Mythology | Define Mythology at Dictionary.com
- a body of myths, as that of a particular people or that relating to a particular person: Greek mythology. 2. myths collectively.
Related searchesrecession headline text
asceticism worldly vs otherworldly
foolishness in christ
le corbusier influence
rapid heart rate