A selection of articles related to myths.
Original articles from our library related to the Myths. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Myths.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Myths is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Myths books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Wind Energy Myths; Wind Powering America Fact Sheet Series
- also facilitates accommodation of wind plant output fluctuations. In. Wind Energy Myths.
- Marijuana Myths and Facts: The Truth Behind 10 Popular
- Myth #6: Marijuana is not as popular as MDMA (Ecstasy) or other drugs .
- TOP-10 MYTHS OF LIGHTNING SAFETY
- MYTH: Lightning Never Strikes The Same Place Twice.
- Eight Great Myths of Recycling
- “Eight Great Myths of Recycling” exposes the errors and falsehoods underlying much of the rhetoric in support of man- datory recycling. Daniel K.
- Myths About Financial Aid
- TTY: 1-800-730-8913. For inquirers without access to the toll-free number: 319- 337-5665. E-mail: studentaid@ed.
Suggested News Resources
- Breast-feeding myths & facts
- Myth: Moms don't make enough breast milk. Fact: Moms who breast-feed regularly and frequently will supply enough milk, assuming the baby latches on properly. Milk supply may decrease if milk isn't being removed from the breast.
- Myth #7: Why Steve Jobs Is Hard To Replace
- I already identified six myths about Apple and Steve Jobs here and here. In the school of thought that Steve Jobs was unique, we have the idea of Steve Jobs the unique designer, artist and visionary.
- Feelgood Fitness: 4 Common Exercise Myths
- Below are four exercise myths you may hear at the gym — and the realities you should keep in mind when you hear them. You can train every day if you want to, but alternate different kinds of training on different days.
- Health on Monday: Common resistance training myths and mistakes – Part 1
- by Richard Geres Building muscle is extremely exercise-specific. Only the muscles that are exercised against progressive resistance experience the training effects of increased size and strength.
- The myths of Jeju
- Jeju, an island of “18000 gods” and a longstanding shamanic tradition inherited from eastern Siberia, is an area rife with myths.
Suggested Web Resources
- snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages
- The definitive Internet reference source for urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors , and misinformation.
- Mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- According to the myth-ritual theory, the existence of myth is tied to ritual.
- Myths, Folktales, and Fairy Tales Home
- This content resource connects students with many activities on myths, folktales and fairy tales.
- Ancient Mythology: Greek, Norse, Egyptian and more - Ancinet
- Ancinet-Mythology.com provides a reference to the many myths and stories that have been formed by peoples from all over the Earth, throughout all of time.
- Myths and Legends - Differences Between Myths and Legends
- Introduction to Greek Mythology. Myths and legends.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesricin toxicity and manufacture
western kshatrapas coinage
god history of monotheism