Name Derives From
A selection of articles related to name derives from.
Original articles from our library related to the Name Derives From. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Name Derives From.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 33
- Chapter 33 33:1 These are the journeys of the children of Israel, which went forth out of the land of Egypt with their armies under the hand of Moses and Aaron. 33:2 And Moses wrote their goings out according to their journeys by the commandment of the LORD:...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Name Derives From is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Name Derives From books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- How did Dr. Luke get his nickname? Is he a real doctor?
- As the New Yorker claimed in its own exposé, “Legend has it…that the name derives from his mixing of Adderall and Ritalin with coke and MDMA to create the perfect studio cocktail that keeps you working through the night.” According to Lukasz himself, ...
- Review: Vital, in Montclair, Whisks Diners to the Caribbean
- The name is also apt: Espoused by the Rastafari movement, Ital cuisine (the term derives from the English “vital”) celebrates natural foods and avoids those made with additives and preservatives.
- New restaurant from owners of Melt opens in Avondale
- The name derives from "Miss Fancy" the iconic elephant that graced Birmingham Zoo's Avondale Park location early in the last century.
- Why Greil Marcus's column has lasted 30 years
- Real Life, released more or less monthly, does mostly what its name implies: itemizes and pithily critiques 10 cultural artifacts of note—which to Marcus can mean anything from an album reissue to a rubber toy. ...
- How does a drug company get its name?
- The word Alnylam derives from Arabic — it means “string of pearls” — and in this, too, the company's name is illustrative of a larger industry trend: Names drawn from words in Latin, Greek, or other foreign languages.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Name Derives From Topics
Related searcheshypostatic union
dropa ham and dropa tribes
list of serbs athletes